While groups of people have been sharing goods for many years, the internet and big data have made it easier for those who own goods to share and for individuals who are seeking goods to find each other. This concept is called a sharing economy.
What is a sharing economy?
- A sharing economy involves the communal invention, production, circulation, exchange, and utilization of assets and services by individuals and businesses.
- Essentially, the sharing economy permits individuals and groups to make a profit from wasted and not used goods.
- Within a sharing economy, these wasted and not used goods can be rented when not being used. In this case, physical goods are distributed as services.
In the exciting world of the sharing economy, both businesses and individuals enjoy a host of benefits when it comes to renting out and using services. It's a fantastic opportunity for everyone involved to make the most of what's available!
The benefits of the sharing economy
- A popular argument of the sharing economy is that when information about assets is shared, the worth of assets may grow for the business, individual, community, and possibly society.
- Self-employment, work done by those in the sharing economy, results in improved opportunities for work, in addition to the flexibility it offers workers, and individuals having the power to select the time and location of their work
- Supplying consumers with accessibility to goods who cannot afford to buy them or don’t have a significance for using them long-term.
Chances are, you've already come across or even dabbled in the sharing economy without even realizing it! It's everywhere, making our lives more convenient and connected
Examples of sharing economy
- Real estate such as Airbnb
- Transportation such as Uber, Lyft, or scooters/bikes such as Lime or Bolt
- Technology such as powerbank sharing
- Fashion such as clothes rental
Brick's role in a sharing economy
Brick embraces the sharing economy by providing a hassle-free charging solution for people on the go. With Brick, users can simply rent a power bank when they need a quick charge, without the need to buy or carry around their own charger. It's a convenient and sustainable way to access charging services without the burden of ownership!
Become a Brick Partner
Join our network and become part of the sharing economy revolution! With Brick, you have the opportunity to build your own business, generate side- or full income, and contribute to an innovative charging solution. Apply and start your power bank sharing network!