What is power bank sharing?
In our current world where the sharing economy is booming, you can rent everything from whole apartments, scooters, bikes, cars, and more often through a few clicks on an app or website for a short period of time.
One of the sharing economy platforms that is growing exponentially across the world is power bank sharing.
So what is power bank sharing?
- Power bank sharing is the opportunity to rent a power bank (essentially a battery to charge your phone on the go) from a power bank station to charge your mobile device.
- Power bank sharing is a good solution when you don’t have a charger on hand, have low battery, and don’t want to buy a charger or power bank.
There are many power bank sharing companies across the world offering a charging solution on the go and alleviating low battery anxiety.
How exactly does power bank sharing work?
- In venues, stations have power banks locked into them and are charging while waiting to be rented.
- By downloading the application of the power bank company, the user (an individual who rents the power banks) looks at a map on the app to locate nearby stations to rent from.
- When the user arrives at the station at a venue, they scan the QR code located on the station and a power bank is released from the station.
- The user can then charge their phone using the cords on the power bank and can return to the same station or a different station to end their rental.
You can locate a power bank station in a venue in your local area and is typically located in places where individuals hang out and consume products such as bars, nightclubs, restaurants, and shopping malls. Check the Brick app to see where our stations are located in your city!
Power bank sharing isn’t simply just a station and a power bank, additional tools are also needed to make the service work.
What tools are needed for power bank sharing?
- Stations and power banks - power bank sharing wouldn’t be possible without the power banks themselves and the stations that charge and house them. There are various sizes or stations to rent from but all have the same purpose
- Software (dashboard) - Software such as a Dashboard that showcases revenue, venue information, status of rentals, and station information is crucial to understanding how the market is doing and what is working well and what is not working as well
- Application - Renting wouldn’t be effective without the application that not only lets you rent but allows you to look for stations in the market and contact customer support if you’re having a problem.
There are many aspects to power bank sharing and details and factors that go into it. Overall, power bank sharing is a safe and handy solution to a universal problem. Low battery anxiety effects us all and thanks to power bank sharing this a thing of the past!
Sound interesting? Download our app or get in touch with us about franchising and bringing Brick to your market!
Interested in building passive income or a large-scale business?
The start-up cost of becoming a Brick partner is €4 000. For many, 20 stations and a passive income from their Brick stations is more than enough. To others, it is an opportunity to build a large-scale business without having to add a range of operating costs.
See full revenue calculations or go ahead and apply to become a network partner
You might also be interested in reading: